Home Local & Regional News Early Morning Fire Does Major Damage to Home on Shasta Street

Early Morning Fire Does Major Damage to Home on Shasta Street


Firefighters from the Susanville Fire Department arrived on-scene at a residential structure fire on Shasta Street early Monday morning to find a single-wide mobile home fully engulfed with power lines down.

“Engine 621 arrived on scene to find an approximately 1000 sq ft single wide mobile home fully involved in fire,” explains SFD Engineer Dale Johnson. “E621 requested a first alarm fire assignment.”

Crews pulled attack lines and started to extinguish the fire, working to keep the blaze from spreading to exposures on the south and east sides.

“Access to the trailer was initially compromised due to the energized power lines down on the ground.”

CalFire’s Engine E2261 and Susanville Engine E622 arrived on scene and assisted with obtaining a water supply and pulling attack lines to the north side of the structure, while keeping clear of the power lines.

“LMUD arrived on scene and deenergized the power lines enabling crews to make access into the structure and fully extinguish the fire.”

According to Johnson, once the fire was extinguished, crews worked to overhaul the structure. This involved removing portions of the ceiling and walls to check for possible extension of the fire.

“Once the overhaul was completed, a fire investigation began which pointed to an electrical malfunction in the bedroom.”

There were no firefighter or civilian injuries. The Susanville Fire Department was supported by Cal-FIRE, City of Susanville Water Department, City of Susanville Gas Department, LMUD and the Susanville Police Department.

Exit mobile version