Saturday, May 18, 2024
HomeLocal & Regional NewsFirefighters Quickly Extinguish Structure Fire Sparked by Heater

Firefighters Quickly Extinguish Structure Fire Sparked by Heater

Firefighters from the Susanville Fire Department made quick work of a fire found burning in a commercial structure on Main Street in Susanville Monday evening.

According to details provided by the department, Engine 621 was dispatched to the commercial structure fire at 2000 Main Street shortly after 7:30p.m.

Firefighters contacted the reporting party who directed the engine company to an office on the side of the structure that was found to have burning contents inside.

“Access was made to the office and the fire was quickly extinguished,” explains SFD Captain Leon Myers.

“Once the fire was out, personnel began overhaul operations to verify that there was no extension of the fire into the other areas of the building, none was found. All additional incoming units were then canceled.”

“Upon investigation, it was determined that combustible materials were located too close to a heater which caused them to ignite. Thanks to a quick response and an aggressive fire attack, the damage was limited to the office area.”

No civilian or firefighter injuries were reported and the Susanville Fire Department was assisted by the the Susanville Police Department and the Susanville Natural Gas Department.

Jeremy Couso
Jeremy Couso
SusanvilleStuff.com Publisher/Editor
RELATED ARTICLES
Susanville
clear sky
68.8 ° F
68.8 °
68.8 °
33 %
1.1mph
0 %
Sat
79 °
Sun
74 °
Mon
65 °
Tue
68 °
Wed
73 °
- Advertisment -

Most Popular

- Advertisement -