With Independence Day right around the corner, the Lassen National Forest becomes a popular destination for recreational activities. Forest Service officials urge residents and forest visitors to keep wildfire prevention in mind, particularly during Independence Day celebrations.
It only takes one out-of-control campfire or careless individual to ignite a wildfire.
Everyone is requested to recreate safely, especially when it comes to camping, cutting fuelwood, and even driving in the Forest. Here are a few reminders that will help ensure a safe holiday for your family.
- On Monday, July 4, 2022, all the Lassen National Forest offices are closed for the holiday. Forest offices will resume regular business hours on Tuesday, July 5, 2022.
- No fireworks of any kind are permitted on the National Forest. Please leave them at home.
- When dialing 911, during high traffic holiday weekends, especially around Chester and Lake Almanor, emergency services can be more readily reached on a landline rather than a cell phone.
- Never leave a campfire unattended and make sure it’s dead out before you leave it. Use water to drown it out!
- Expect substantial vehicle traffic in and around the Chester and Lake Almanor area, please drive defensively.
- Local recreation information, books, maps, guides, and Forest souvenirs are available in the lobby of all district offices.