Friday, April 19, 2024
HomeholdFamily Displaced After Fire Destroys Home on Sierra Road

Family Displaced After Fire Destroys Home on Sierra Road

Hot ashes from a fireplace are believed to be the cause of a Sunday structure fire on Sierra Road.
Hot ashes from a fireplace are believed to be the cause of Sunday’s structure fire on Sierra Road.

A structure fire Sunday morning did extensive damage to a single-story residence on Sierra Road in Susanville, displacing a family of three, and destroying the home before firefighters could gain the upper hand.

Along with the Susan River Fire Protection District, firefighters and equipment from several districts responded to the residence to find the garage completely involved with extension into the house.

Crews performed fire attack and ventilation operations and knocked down the fire. Salvage and overhaul operations were also performed.

According to Chief Jim Uruburu the origin of the fire is believed to be hot ashes from a woodstove that were placed in the yard adjacent to the residence.

The response to the fire included crew and apparatus from Susan River Fire District, Susanville Fire Department, Susanville Police Department, LMUD, Lassen County Sheriff’s Office, Standish Litchfield Fire, Janesville Fire, Lake Forest Volunteers and Lassen OES.

sierraroad112314b sierraroad112314dHow You Can Help the Family 

The structure fire on Sierra Road Sunday afternoon left a Susanville family out in the cold, completely destroying their home and it’s contents.

According to Lassen County Red Cross Manager Sophia Wages the fire displaced a family of three; Arthur and Laura Camire and their 19 year-old son Clinton.

Wages said that Arthur Camire works for the State of California and Laura works for the County Office of Education as a paraprofessional at Meadow View School.

An account for the Camire’s is being set up at Golden One Credit Union and as soon as the account number is available we will add it to this story.

“The California School Employees Association Chapter #550  is also requesting assistance from their State CSEA Assistance Fund for the family as well,” said Wages. “As a child, Laura’s home was also destroyed by fire.”

Red Cross provided the immediate needs for the family which was housing for 3 days and food and clothing for one week to help get them back on their feet.

Wages also said that several household pets were lost in the blaze.

Donations for the Camire family are being accepted at NAPA Lassen Motor Parts at 1289 Main Street in Susanville. For information you can call Niki at 249-5215.

The family lost all of their clothing in the fire. If you would like to donate Arthur and Clinton Camire are in need of; pants sized 34×29; pants sized 36×24; size large shirts and Laura Camire needs size 7.5 shoes, size 1x shirts and size 12 or 14 pants.

Donations can also be in the form of gift cards for the family to use in replacing what was lost.


Jeremy Couso
Jeremy Couso Publisher/Editor
clear sky
42.6 ° F
42.6 °
42.6 °
75 %
0 %
66 °
69 °
73 °
72 °
71 °
- Advertisment -

Most Popular

- Advertisement -