Cashman – Rents Coordinator
Job Category: Rental
Posted: May 31, 2022
This position is intended to be a full time position
- Coordinate rentals and parts sales with internal and external customers on a regular and systematic basis.
- Plan, organize and schedule rental orders, including: deliveries, pick-ups, will-calls, moves and swaps in a timely manner.
- Answer all incoming rental inquiries from customers and rental representatives including timely follow-up on all requests.
- Transact Parts and Merchandise orders for customers and coordinate will-call parts orders and pickups.
- Assist customers with minor parts requests through Parts store and/or SIS Web; and be able to connect customers with proper support from the Product Support division for more complex needs.
- Work in conjunction with Main Parts department hub to ensure proper inventory levels at location, customer orders, and shipping and receiving schedules for location
- Maintain accurate daily phone logs (left to rights).
- Coordinate/record credit approvals and invoicing in compliance with company guidelines.
- Manage 100% accuracy of all cash and credit card transactions, daily cash control closes, and ensure bank deposits are completed daily if necessary.
- Coordinate rental inventory availability with manager and log lost rentals on a regular basis.
- Communicate effectively. Actively seek and provide feedback to and from customers, rental representatives, fellow employees, and manager.
- Review rental agreements and invoices for accuracy and completeness.
- Keep showroom clean and properly stocked with parts, merchandise, and rental gear.
- Assist customers with loading/unloading of small tool and equipment rentals and provide equipment familiarization during pickup.
- Understand full equipment rental product line and provide equipment recommendations for customers as needed.
- Must be able to understand and explain Rental Protection Plan (RPP).
- Open branch for business prior to hours of operation each day
- Before closing branch:
- 100% of billings for that day are completed
- 100% of deliveries for the next day are logged, scheduled, and written in order
- Phones are turned over to the Answering Service
- Security system is enabled and branch doors/gates are locked
- Complete all paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
- Work varying shifts and overtime as business needs arise.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Enable Cashman to achieve its objective of Safely Home. Everyone. Every Day.™ by promoting a positive safety culture and adhering to all company safety policies, procedures and practices.
- Report any unsafe acts or conditions.
- Deliver Cashman’s “Best Customer Experience” for all internal and external customers on a consistent basis.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of effective customer service techniques including telemarketing, relationship building and partnering.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with all co-workers, customers and the general public.
- Excellent phone and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical computations and understanding of financial reports.
- Knowledge of product line and components.
- Proficient computer technology skills, including ability to utilize company software.
- Exceed annual goals/targets established for rental orders.
- Effectively work as a team member, assisting where appropriate and requesting assistance when needed.
- Achieves a customer focus by delivering high quality, cost effective service.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma, GED, trade school or equivalent.
- Ability to read and understand materials commonly used in the job function.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in direct customer contact.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional attitude and appearance consistent with position and responsibilities.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented; able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Stand/walk 1-4 hours a day.
- Sit 5-6 hours a day.
- Occasionally/frequently lift 50 lbs.
- Must use hands for repetitive simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
- Must be able to occasionally bend, squat and climb; including ability to ascend and descend ladders.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office/inside environment.
- Occasional exposure to shop/warehouse/outside environment.
- Field environment with exposure to adverse weather conditions including heat, cold, wind, rain, dust and dirt.
- Prefer valid Nevada or California State Drivers License with an acceptable driving record.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)