Cashman – Rents Service Attendant
Job Category: Rental
Posted: June 1, 2022
This position is intended to be a full-time position located in Susanville, CA.
- General Check-in/Check-out of Rental Equipment.
- Wash, grease, fuel and prep machines for upcoming rental, including safety inspections.
- Keep equipment yard clean and organized displaying equipment in proper locations.
- Provide minor maintenance of rental equipment including changing minor parts, scheduled PM Service, and changing Ground Engaging Tools (GET) on attachments.
- Take pictures of all inbound and outbound equipment, shipping and receiving, through company INSPCT application
- Assist customers with loading/unloading of small tool and equipment rentals and provide equipment familiarization during pickup.
- Prep new rental machines with proper “Cashman” decals and identification numbers.
- Occasional small equipment deliveries in class “C” truck.
- Understand full equipment rental product line and provide equipment recommendations for customers as needed.
- Assist with phones, walk-in customers, rental agreements and parts sales as needed.
- Assist customers with Parts pickups.
- Conduct Weekly Inventory and send reports to management.
- Assist Technicians.
- Change attachments.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Enable Cashman to achieve its objective of Safely Home. Everyone. Every Day.™ by promoting a positive safety culture and adhering to all company safety policies, procedures and practices.
- Report any unsafe acts or conditions.
- Deliver Cashman’s “Best Customer Experience” for all internal and external customers on a consistent basis.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and understand materials commonly used in the job function.
- Equipment operation.
- Knowledge and experience in equipment cleaning and maintenance.
- Ability to become proficient at computer technology skills, including ability to utilize company authorized software.
- Help maintain equipment inventory in an effective manner.
- Equipment reports are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Achieves first-class service and rental profitability goals.
- Effectively participates as part of team, leading and assisting where appropriate and requesting assistance when needed.
- Achieves a customer focus by delivering high quality, cost effective service.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma, G.E.D. or trade school or equivalent preferred.
- Strong verbal and communications skills.
- Minimum six (6) months experience around equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional attitude and appearance consistent with position and responsibilities.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented, work with minimum supervision.
- Stand/walk 8 – 10 hours a day, and/or sit 1 – 2 hours a day.
- Occasionally/frequently lift 50 – 80 lbs.
- Must use hands for repetitive simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
- Must be able to occasionally bend, squat and climb, including the ability to ascend and descend ladders.
- Must use feet for repetitive movement when operating equipment controls.
- Must have agility and balance to safely climb on all machines.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Outside environment with exposure to adverse weather conditions including heat, cold, wind, rain, dust, dirt and noise.
- Work place will require usage of appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The roles and objectives of this job do not include setting corporate policy or serving as a managing agent of the company. Cashman Equipment reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)