Cashman – Sales Representative
Job Category: Rental
Posted: June 10, 2022
This opening is intended to be a Full time position
- Develop and acquire new customers in assigned territory utilizing scheduled appointments, professional quality sales presentations and demonstrations.
- Utilize territory management tools, reports, and other sources to manage assigned territory.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with all current and potential customers to maximize equipment rentals and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Meet with customers on a regular and systematic basis.
- Communicate effectively. Actively solicit and provide customers’ feedback to Manager, Store, and others who can affect service levels.
- Obtain management approval on orders requiring approval.
- Develop and present a customer sales strategy and update it quarterly.
- Completes all paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
- Keep abreast of customer changes which may affect the customer relationship and report each change to the manager in a timely manner.
- Company assets, including vehicles, kept in a condition to reflect the professionalism of the sales position.
- Comply with policies of safe driving and vehicle use. Ensure vehicle is properly serviced and kept in a safe operating condition.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Enable Cashman to achieve its objective of Safely Home. Everyone. Every Day.™ by promoting a positive safety culture and adhering to all company safety policies, procedures and practices.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and practice of good sales techniques, such as prospecting, telemarketing, preparing effective sales presentations, use of sales aids, closing, relationship building, and partnering.
- Proficient English, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and math skills.
- Proficient computer technology skills, including ability to utilize company authorized software.
- Knowledge of product line and components.
- Exceeds annual goals/targets established for rental territory.
- Effectively participates as part of the team, assisting where appropriate and requesting assistance when needed.
- Achieves customer focus by delivering high quality, cost-effective service.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma, G.E.D. or trade school equivalent.
- Prefer four-year college degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in direct customer contact in parts, service, sales, and rental of heavy equipment or one (1) year as a Cashman Rental Coordinator with appropriate sales training.
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional appearance and demeanor consistent with position and responsibilities.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented; work with minimum supervision.
- Stand/walk 1-4 hours in a day. Sit 5-6 hours in a day.
- Occasionally/frequently lift 50-80 lbs. Must be able to occasionally bend, squat, and climb including ability to ascend and descend ladders.
- Must use hands for repetitive simple grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office environment with occasional exposure to shop and warehouse environment.
- Frequent visits to customer work sites with exposure to adverse weather conditions including heat, cold, wind, rain, dust, and dirt.
- Valid Nevada Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The roles and objectives of this job do not include setting corporate policy, and does not constitute a managing agent of the company. Cashman Equipment reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
High School or better in GED.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)