Diamond Mountain Casino & Hotel: Information Technology Support Specialist
Opening Date: May 4, 2023
Closing Date: May 11, 2023
Information Technology Support Specialist
Department: Information Technology
Supervised By: Information Technology Manager
Starting Salary: $15.50 – $21.00, DOE
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Hours: Full Time
Benefits: Yes, see below
General Statement of Responsibilities:
The Information Technology Support Specialist will provide technical assistance to end-users for various hardware, software, and network-related complications. The incumbent will also be responsible for diagnosing and resolving network issues, installing and configuring hardware and software, and maintaining and repairing computer information systems. The candidate must be able to communicate technical information to non-technical individuals in a clear and concise manner.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Install, configure, and maintain computer hardware, software, and peripherals, including VoIP system
- Assist in Active Directory administration within a Microsoft environment
- Set up and maintain local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), and wireless
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues related to hardware, software, and network connectivity
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot any issues
- Collaborate with other IT professionals to resolve complex technical issues and ensure smooth network operations and system reliability
- Provide technical support to end-users in person, over the phone, or through email
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be age 21.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience in an IT support role
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Solid understanding of networking concepts and protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Industry certs such as CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, or Microsoft certifications, preferred or able to obtain within one year
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Written and oral communications are required in the primary language used in the work area
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen
- Must qualify for a Gaming License
- Must be able and willing to work any schedule, holidays, and weekends
*Must be willing to work in a secondhand smoke environment.
Requires standing, walking, and sitting; must be able to lift 15-20 pounds regularly, 50+ pounds occasionally. Must climb in attic and dusty areas regularly, also exposed to dust while doing PM on hardware. Position requires bending, reaching, standing, walking, sitting, finger dexterity, reading and writing figures, and some grasping, and repetitive motions.
Preference will be given to qualified Susanville Indian Rancheria Tribal Members. Indian preference is granted in accordance with P.L. 93-638.
Diamond Mountain Casino & Hotel Benefits Package:
The Diamond Mountain Casino & Hotel Benefits Package includes health, dental, and vision. Employees earn Paid Time Off (PTO) and seven holidays are included in each employees PTO. Diamond Mountain Casino & Hotel also offers a matching 401K Retirement Plan, Education Assistance (provisions apply), Employee Assistance Program, Health Spending Accounts (HSA), gym membership discounts, discounts with two different shoe venders, and employee discounts in our restaurant, coffee shop, and gift shop.
How to Apply:
All applicants are required to submit a Diamond Mountain Casino & Hotel application. Applications can be picked up at 900 Skyline Drive, Susanville, CA or you may apply online at www.dmcah.com/job and an application will be emailed to you.
Only complete applications will be considered. To be considered for the position you must:
- Submit a completed application
- Attach a copy of your High School Diploma or equivalent if required
- Attach a copy of your Tribal ID Card, if you are claiming Indian Preference
- Attach a copy of any certification or degree relating to the position
Completed applications can be dropped off in person at the casino security desk. They may also be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 530-252-1110. All applications must be received by 4:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the announcement