Johnstonville Elementary School District – Instructional Aide – Special Education One-on-One
TITLE: Instructional Aide – Special Education One-on-One
WORK DAY: 6 Hours per Day
Under the direction of the Superintendent/Principal, special education teacher, and general education teacher, employee with provide instructional support and assistance to an individual student identified as needing special education support services; perform a variety of educational support activities related to behavior management and classroom instruction of a special education student; perform a variety of clerical support duties related to classroom and program activities. Special education student will be enrolled in general education, with special education support, and may need additional instructional techniques, such as those used for students with autism or emotional disabilities. In addition, monitor, and redirect if necessary, student behavior and activity during lunchtime, breakfast, recess or other break periods.
Qualifications the Superintendent/Principal may find appropriate and acceptable, including:
• Basic child guidance principles and practices.
• Safe practices in classroom activities.
• Possession of a High School Diploma and passage of the CODESP Test, 48 semester units of college credit, or A.A. Degree.
• Problems and concerns of students with special needs.
• Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary.
• Basic instructional methods and techniques.
• Classroom procedures and appropriate student conduct.
• Operation of standard office and classroom equipment, including a computer.
• Oral and written communication skills.
• Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
• Basic record-keeping techniques.
• First aid and CPR procedures.
• Assist with instruction and related activities in a special education classroom or assigned learning environment.
• Reinforce instruction to individual or small groups of students as directed by the teacher.
704-795 Bangham Lane ∙ Susanville, CA 96130 Phone (530) 257-2471 ∙ Fax (530) 251-5557 Johnstonville.org
• Learn child guidance principles and practices related to children with special education needs.
• Monitor, observe, and report student behavior and progress according to approved policies and procedures.
• Respond to the unique needs of the special education student.
• Perform a variety of clerical duties, including duplicating materials.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Operate standard office and classroom equipment, including a computer.
• Observe health and safety regulations.
• Maintain routine records as directed by the teacher.
• Monitor student behavior and activity during lunchtime, recess, or other break periods.
• Observe, and redirect if necessary, student behavior in the lunchroom, halls, restrooms, playgrounds, or other areas.
• Learn and explain school rules, policies, and regulations.
• Use assigned software at an introductory level. • Maintain consistent, punctual, and regular attendance.
REPORTS TO: Superintendent/Principal
TO APPLY: Apply using www.edjoin.org or contact Gwen Corey, Chief Business Official
DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATIONS WILL BE CONDUCTED