Lassen County – Senior Administrative Clerk
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Assistant- $19.79 – $23.80 per hour, plus benefits package
Associate- $21.70 -$26.12 per hour, plus benefits package
5:00 p.m., October 22, 2018
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Assistant/Associate Auditor-Appraiser processes business property statements for valuation, appraises real and personal property, and provides technical support in preparing the secured and unsecured assessment roll. The major duties of the job include:
- Collect and analyze data to determine valuation of business assets such as equipment and fixtures; interpret and apply tax codes, regulations and policies that govern auditor-appraiser operations.
- Collect, tabulate and analyze data and business records affecting property values. Conduct real property appraisals.
- Interview property owners or agents to acquire information necessary to complete mandatory audits and prepare mandatory audit reports.
- Interpret and explain tax and property appraisal codes, rules and regulations for the public, property and business owners and agents.
- Provide technical staff support, prepare technical reports and background documentation.
- Field inspect equipment and records.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Education: Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in economics, business administration, public administration or a related field.
Experience: Assistant – One-year responsible real estate or auditing experience.
Experience: Associate – Two- years performing duties similar to an Assistant Auditor Appraiser for Lassen County.
License: Valid California driver’s license.
Knowledge: Ability to learn the principles and practices of real and personal property appraisals; pertinent Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations.
Application materials will be reviewed, and the best-qualified applicants will be invited to Susanville to participate in interviews.
HOW TO APPLY
It is your responsibility to provide specific, accurate and complete information describing how you meet the minimum qualifications. An application is available from the Personnel Office listed below or by visiting our website at http://www.lassencounty.org. Qualified applicants are invited to submit a required Lassen County application to:
Lassen County Personnel Department
221 South Roop Street Ste. 3
Susanville, California 96130
(530) 251 -8320
Opened October 4, 2018
Lassen County is an equal opportunity employer hiring employment eligible applicants.
Disabled applicants who require special testing arrangements should contact the Personnel Department prior to the filing deadline.
In accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act, applicants must provide acceptable proof of identity or authorization to work in the United States.
A thorough background investigation will be conducted. The investigation may include reference checks, fingerprinting, credit check, driver history and inquiry to local, state and federal
files to obtain criminal history information.
All applicants who meet the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement through any subsequent phase of the selection process.
Selection processes may include, but are not limited to, one or more of the following: application review, competitive screening, written examination, performance examination, and/or oral examination.
This bulletin is solely for the purpose of announcing a job opening. It does not constitute a contract, expressed or implied, and any provisions contained herein may be modified or revised
without notice. EOE