TEMPORARY, ON-CALL, NON-BENEFITED
SALARY AND BENEFITS
$12.60 per hour
5:00 p.m. December 7, 2018
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The gatekeeper computes charges and collects fees for dumping of refuse at disposal sites. (Must be available to work weekends and provide own transportation to various work locations.)The major duties of the job include:
• Inspect vehicles hauling refuse to determine type, weight or volume of solid waste material.
• Measure the size of loads of refuse to be disposed.
• Compute the total volume and calculates fees or determine fees from fee table.
• Operate cash register, record receipts.
• Identify restricted and/or hazardous materials
• Maintain records of yardage, receipts.
• Direct public concerning disposal site operations and recyclable materials
• Answer questions and complaints from the public.
• May help clean up trash, inspect refuse for hazards
• Perform related duties as assigned.
License: Possession of or ability to obtain a valid California Driver’s License
Experience: Some experience involving record keeping or cashiering.
Application materials will be reviewed, and the best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate in interviews.
HOW TO APPLY
It is your responsibility to provide specific, accurate and complete information describing how you meet the minimum qualifications. Obtain a Lassen County application at the address listed below or by visiting our website: at: http://lassencounty.org. Qualified applicants are invited to
submit a required Lassen County application to:
Lassen County Personnel Department
221 South Roop Street Ste. 3
Susanville, California 96130
(530) 251 -8320
Opened November 14, 2018
Lassen County is an equal opportunity employer hiring employment eligible applicants.
Disabled applicants who require special testing arrangements should contact the Personnel Department prior to the filing deadline.
In accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act, applicants must provide acceptable proof of identity or authorization to work in the United States.
A thorough background investigation will be conducted. The investigation may include reference checks, fingerprinting, credit check, driver history and inquiry to local, state and federal files to obtain criminal history information.
All applicants who meet the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement through any subsequent phase of the selection process.
Selection processes may include, but are not limited to, one or more of the following: application review, competitive screening, written examination, performance examination, and/or oral examination.
This bulletin is solely for the purpose of announcing a job opening. It does not constitute a contract, expressed or implied, and any provisions contained herein may be modified or revised without notice.