Lassen County – Senior Account Clerk
SALARY AND BENEFITS
$14.40- $17.25 per hour, plus benefits
5:00 p.m., March 1, 2019
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Account Clerk performs a variety of responsible technical and clerical accounting duties in the preparation, maintenance and processing of accounting records and financial transactions. The major duties of the job include:
• Perform a variety of technical and clerical accounting duties in the preparation, maintenance and processing of accounting records and financial transactions.
• Maintain the necessary accounting records to support processed transactions related to area of assignment.
• Perform reconciliation of records of assigned function; verify accounting entries in order to determine the accuracy of each account or record.
• Process, code, enter and verify numerical or financial data related to area of assignment.
• Prepare technical reports and documentation related to area of assignment.
• Respond to questions and concerns from operating departments or agencies regarding area of assignment.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
Education: Equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade, with additional education desirable.
Experience: Three years of responsible accounting clerical experience.
Knowledge of: Methods, practices and terminology used in accounting clerical work. Windows based computer systems including spreadsheets; computer based accounting systems; and word processing.
Licenses: Possession of or ability to obtain California Drivers License.
Application materials will be reviewed, and the best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate in interviews.
HOW TO APPLY
An application may be obtained from the Personnel Office listed below or by visiting our website at http://lassencounty.org. It is your responsibility to provide specific, accurate and complete information describing how you meet the minimum qualifications. Qualified applicants are invited to submit an official Lassen County application to:
Lassen County Personnel Department
221 South Roop Street Ste. 3
Susanville, California 96130
(530) 251 -8320
Opened February 15, 2019
Lassen County is an equal opportunity employer hiring employment eligible applicants.
Disabled applicants who require special testing arrangements should contact the Personnel Department prior to the filing deadline.
In accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act, applicants must provide acceptable proof of identity or authorization to work in the United States.
A thorough background investigation will be conducted. The investigation may include reference checks, fingerprinting, credit check, driver history and inquiry to local, state and federal files to obtain criminal history information.
All applicants who meet the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement through any subsequent phase of the selection process.
Selection processes may include, but are not limited to, one or more of the following: application review, competitive screening, written examination, performance examination, and/or oral examination.
This bulletin is solely for the purpose of announcing a job opening. It does not constitute a contract, expressed or implied, and any provisions contained herein may be modified or revised without notice.