Susanville Indan Rancheria: Assistant Cook
OPENING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT:
March 20, 2023
CLOSING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT:
April 3, 2023
Second Cut-Off: April 17, 2023
Third Cut-Off: May 1, 2023
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Cook
STARTING SALARY: $17.00
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
HOURS: Part Time
BENEFITS: Highly competitive package *See below
SUBJECT TO P.L. 101-630: No This position works with and around our children and youth and is therefore subject to P.L. 101-630.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Assistant Cook, under the supervision of the Fitness Program Manager and the Cook, will be responsible for meal preparation, serving, kitchen and dining room clean up, delivery of meals, and laundering the soiled linen.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Under the direction of the cook will assist with the preparation of the meals.
• Set tables and refill the salt and pepper shakers.
• Serve meals and make and serve drinks.
• Wipe down tables after meal is finished.
• Do dishes, clean the stove and other appliances, and wipe down serving area and cupboards.
• Launder soiled linen.
• Does grocery shopping at local stores.
• Driver for the daily delivery of lunches to homebound elders or as needed to all elders.
• In the absence of the Cook will perform all duties of the Cook necessary to ensure that food is ordered, meals prepared, and reports completed timely.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
A. Knowledge of cooking and food preparation techniques.
B. Knowledge of types and uses of various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited high school.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license or license from current residence state.
- Must pass pre-employment background check.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Must have a valid CPR card or be able to obtain one within ninety (90) days of hire.
- Must obtain a valid California ServSafe or IHS Food Handler certificate prior to start date.
PHYSICAL SAFETY: The work requires minor physical exertion, such as short periods of standing, walking over rough, uneven surfaces, some recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities. Job may require recurring lifting of lightweight objects with infrequent bending or stooping alternating with the lighter activities. Job requires minimal agility and dexterity.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Occasional exposure to objectional conditions or variations such as those found in variable weather conditions or light industrial settings.
• Uphold all principles of confidentiality.
• Adhere to all professional and ethical behavior standards.
• Interact in an honest, trustworthy, and respectful manner with employees, visitors, and
1st Preference: Enrolled member of a Federally Recognized Tribe.
2nd Preference: Documented proof of Veteran Status, i.e., DD-214, Veterans Benefit Card.
3rd Preference: All other applicants.
SIR BENEFITS PACKAGE:
The Susanville Indian Rancheria offers its full-time employees a highly competitive benefits package, including annual cost-of-living increases (based on SSA COLA); eligibility for annual merit increases; twelve paid holidays; thirteen days paid sick leave; up to twenty-six days paid annual leave (depending on length of service); maternity leave; paternity leave; affordable group health, dental, vision, and life insurance; and 401(k) retirement plan.
HOW TO APPLY AND APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
All applicants are required to submit a Susanville Indian Rancheria/ Lassen Indian Health Center application. Applications can be found on our website at: www.sir-nsn.gov/human-resources/ (SIR – LIHC – Gaming Commission Application for Employment P.L. 101-630 Requirements) or picked up at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, CA.
Only complete applications will be considered. For your application to be considered complete you must attach the following:
Completed Susanville Indian Rancheria/Lassen Indian Health Center Application.
Copy of your High School Diploma AND College Degree or transcripts documenting your graduation or completion of your Degree.
Copy of your valid Driver’s License.
Copy of any other certifications required.
Copy of Tribal Card, if claiming Indian Preference.
Copy of DD214 or other proof of Veteran status, if claiming Veteran’s Preference.
Complete applications can be dropped off in person to the Human Resources Office at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, California, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. They may also be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to (530) 251-1895 or mailed to the above address. All applications must be received by 5:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the announcement.