Sunday, August 7, 2022
HomeThis Day in HistoryLMUD Presents: This Day in Susanville History - April 25, 1937

LMUD Presents: This Day in Susanville History – April 25, 1937

Susanville Cedar Mill in 1941 from an Eastman Studio photograph

New Lassen Mill Starts Operations With Two Shifts
April 25, 1937

The new mill known as the Cedar Mill of Millwood, opened full blast this morning starting this years cutting.

John Hinton, new manager of this mill is from New Mexico Lumber and Timber company of Bernalillo, New Mexico.

With the pond full of cedar and pine logs this mill plans to cut an average of 80,000 feet daily and at the present has employed two shifts and in the near future a third will be added. The Red River Lumber Company received the contract to supply this mill with logs.

At present the Red River Lumber Company is logging near the Eagle Lake road on Worley mountain.

A new name for this mill has been decided upon but has not been reveled. When certain legal matters have been straightened out this new California incorporated mill will have it name announced.

Harry Hodgman, representative of this new concern, arrived this month from New Mexico company to take care of certain business matters.

Marshel Couso
Marshel Cousohttp://www.susanvillestuff.com
SusanvilleStuff Owner/Publisher
RELATED ARTICLES
Susanville
clear sky
90.4 ° F
91.2 °
89.9 °
24 %
2.9mph
0 %
Mon
89 °
Tue
88 °
Wed
87 °
Thu
90 °
Fri
88 °
- Advertisment -

Most Popular

- Advertisement -
X