Sunday, June 23, 2024
HomeThis Day in HistoryLMUD Presents: This Day in Susanville History - April 27, 1953

LMUD Presents: This Day in Susanville History – April 27, 1953

Newly installed lights at Memorial Park in an Eastman Studios photo from 1951.

Susanville Ball park Allotted Board Funds
April 27, 1953

Directors of the Susanville Memorial Park board at their last regular meeting allocated $1,000 from the general fund for maintenance of the ball park until the next fiscal year. In the next budget $2,500 will be allotted to the ball park in a special fund.

Chairman Don Cady instructed City Engineer Glen Thompson to select a site for a temporary tennis court and to proceed with construction.

At the next meeting action will be taken on the proposed well and pump irrigation system for the park. Unanimous approval was given to a Request for the purchase of more trees be expended for the park.

Members present at the meeting were Don Cady, Mrs. J. W. Crever, Glen Thompson, Prentice Holmes, Asher Hoffman and George A. Farris.

Jeremy Couso
Jeremy Couso
SusanvilleStuff.com Publisher/Editor
RELATED ARTICLES
Susanville
clear sky
53.5 ° F
53.5 °
53.5 °
45 %
1.3mph
0 %
Sun
89 °
Mon
89 °
Tue
89 °
Wed
86 °
Thu
82 °
- Advertisment -

Most Popular

- Advertisement -