Friday, April 12, 2024
HomeThis Day in HistoryLMUD Presents: This Day in Susanville History - February 1, 1922

LMUD Presents: This Day in Susanville History – February 1, 1922

The south side of Susanville from the newly constructed Fruit Growers ‘mill tower in 1921.

Construction Work at Fruit Growers
February 1, 1922

Active construction work was resumed this week on the club house at the plant of the Fruit Growers Supply company. The foundations for this building were put in late last fall but the bad weather for the past month made it advisable to suspend building operations until conditions were more favorable.

Work will now be continued until the building is completed and it will be ready for use in the spring.

The framework of the planning mill is now up and there remains about sixty days work this building. It is the connecting unit between the dry kilns and the box factory and occupies a site midway between the two.

The building that will house the machine shop is now competed workmen are now busy installing the machinery and equipment.

Work is also being pushed on a number of new cottages for the accommodation of families of employees and several of these are now nearing completion. The company plans to erect a number of houses and cottages for this purpose during the coming summer.


Marshel Couso
Marshel Couso
SusanvilleStuff Owner/Publisher
broken clouds
55 ° F
55.2 °
47.7 °
52 %
75 %
55 °
40 °
46 °
58 °
58 °
- Advertisment -

Most Popular

- Advertisement -