Brought to you by High Sierra Collision
A quick weather update for everybody as the winds really start to pick up in the Honey Lake Valley. The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Weather Advisory that reads:
… Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 10 am to 10 PM PST Friday…
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow remains in effect from 10 am to 10 PM PST Friday.
* Timing: snow will begin in northern Lassen County and the Surprise Valley by late Friday morning… then move south into Susanville and Gerlach Friday afternoon.
* Snow accumulations: 1 to 4 inches… with 3 to 6 inches west of Highway 395 above 5000 feet.
* Impacts: roads will become slick and snow covered by early Friday afternoon above 5000 feet including Cedar Pass… fredonyer Summit… and Yuba Pass. Slick roads could impact travel Friday afternoon and evening along Highway 395 and 447.
Snow is expected to pose an inconvenience to travelers. Motorists should slow down and use caution… and prepare for possible chain restrictions.
And the NWS also issued this wind advisory early Thursday Evening:
… Wind Advisory remains in effect until 10 am PST Friday…
* Timing: the strongest winds are expected remain north of Susanville and Gerlach this evening… then spread to the south overnight and continue through Friday morning.
* Winds: southwest 15 to 30 mph with gusts to 50 mph… with locally stronger gusts near the Surprise Valley.
* Impacts: motorists… especially in high profile vehicles… should use caution and remain alert for sudden gusts or cross winds.
Unsecured outdoor objects such as lawn furniture should be secured or moved indoors.
For complete current weather conditions, road reports, live traffic cams and current radar click here and visit LassenWeatherNetwork.com