Monday, July 22, 2024
HomeLocal & Regional NewsOverloaded Electrical Circuit Apparent Cause of Early Morning Residential Fire

Overloaded Electrical Circuit Apparent Cause of Early Morning Residential Fire

At around 5:50a.m., on December 21st, the Susanville Fire Department along with automatic aid from Cal-Fire and Susan River Fire Protection District, mutual aid from CCC Fire Department and Janesville Fire Protection District responded to a structure fire on Pardee Street in Susanville.

According to Fire Engineer Kalvn McFarland, Engine 621 from the Susanville Fire Department arrived on scene to find light smoke coming from the attic vents.

“E621 assumed command of the incident,” said McFarland. “Firefighters made an aggressive fire attack and contained the fire to the room of origin.”

There was fire damage to a kitchen wall and ceiling along with light smoke damage throughout the home. The fire appears to have been caused by an overloaded electrical circuit.

There were 3 fire engines, 1 ladder truck, 13 firefighters and 4 chief officers that responded to this incident, with no reported fire service or civilian injuries.

The residents of the home were displaced but were assisted by Red Cross according to the Fire Department’s press release.

The Susanville Fire Department was assisted by Cal-Fire, Susan River Fire Protection District, CCC Fire Department, Susanville Police Department, LMUD, Susanville Gas Department and the Red Cross.

Jeremy Couso
Jeremy Couso
SusanvilleStuff.com Publisher/Editor
RELATED ARTICLES

3 COMMENTS

Comments are closed.

Susanville
clear sky
57.8 ° F
57.8 °
57.8 °
44 %
1mph
0 %
Mon
98 °
Tue
99 °
Wed
96 °
Thu
93 °
Fri
91 °
- Advertisment -

Most Popular

- Advertisement -