A SusanvilleStuff Feature
by Niki Cunningham
Senior Officials from a variety of departments in the area joined together at Lassen College to attend an All-Hazards Preparedness workshop on Tuesday December 18th. This one day workshop was taught by Bob Lowrey and Lori Weatherford from the Texas Engineering Extension Service.
Lieutenant Matt Deforest and Lieutenant Chris Lewis from High Desert State Prison organized the workshop.
“It’s great to work together with departments other than just our own,” said Matt Deforest.
The workshop, approved by the Department of Homeland Security was an interactive discussion about individual, collective roles and responsibilities before, during and after a disaster. The departments represented at the workshop were:
- Cal Fire
- Cal Pines Fire Department – Modoc County
- High Desert State Prison
- Lassen County Health and Social Services
- Lassen County Office of Emergency Services
- Lassen County Public Health
- Lassen County Sheriffs Department
- Sierra Army Depot Fire Department
- Sierra Army Depot Police Department
- Standish-Litchfield Fire Department
- Susanville Police Department
- Susanville Fire