Lassen County: Assistant/Associate Planner
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Assistant Planner: $23.56 – $31.10 per hour, plus benefits package
Associate Planner: $25.83 – $34.15 per hour, plus benefits package
Open until filled.
Review Date: December 21, 2023
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Assistant/Associate Planner will perform professional level work in the field of current and/or advanced planning; conducts special project research; and prepares reports and recommendations relative to assigned area of responsibility. The major duties of the job include:
- Perform professional level work in current or advanced planning, zoning and design, environmental review under CEQA, and special studies as assigned.
- Gather and maintain demographic, economic, and land use data; research analyze and interpret trends.
- Research, analyze, and interpret social, economic, population and land use data and trends.
- Compile information and make recommendations on special studies; prepare technical and complex reports.
- Prepare and present complex technical reports and make recommendations to the Board of Supervisors, Planning Commission, developers, community groups and other agencies.
- Review development proposals for conformance with applicable state and county policies and regulations.
- Check commercial, industrial and residential development plans for issuance of zone clearance in coordination with Building, Environmental Health, Fire Protection and other agencies.
- Confer with and advise architects, builders, attorneys, contractors, engineers, and the general public regarding County development policies and standards.
- Perform code enforcement; perform inspections and related field work, as necessary.
- Prepare graphic displays.
- Research and draft ordinances for review.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Assistant Level: No direct experience required. Experience in related activities preferred.
Associate Level: Two years of increasingly responsible professional experience in planning or development equivalent to the skills and knowledge obtained as an Assistant Planner in Lassen County.
Education: Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major course work in rural/regional planning, geography, environmental studies, natural resource management or a related field; or an acceptable combination of experience and education that would demonstrate required knowledge and abilities.
License: Possession of, or ability to obtain, a California driver’s license.
Application materials will be reviewed, and the best-qualified applicants will be invited to Susanville to participate in interviews.
HOW TO APPLY
An application may be obtained from the Personnel Office listed below or by visiting the Personnel Department page on our website at http://www.lassencounty.org. It is your responsibility to provide specific, accurate and complete information describing how you meet the minimum qualifications. Qualified applicants are invited to submit an official Lassen County application to:
Lassen County Personnel Department 530.251.8320
221 South Roop Street
Susanville, California 96130
Opened: November 23, 2023
Lassen County is an equal opportunity employer hiring employment eligible applicants.
Disabled applicants who require special testing arrangements should contact the Personnel Department prior to the filing deadline.
In accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act, applicants must provide acceptable proof of identity or authorization to work in the United States.
A thorough background investigation will be conducted post-conditional-offer of employment. The investigation may include reference checks, fingerprinting, credit check, driver history and inquiry to local, state and federal files to obtain criminal history information.
Lassen County requires pre-employment drug screening.
All applicants who meet the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement through any subsequent phase of the selection process.
Selection processes may include, but are not limited to, one or more of the following: application review, competitive screening, written examination, performance examination, and/or oral examination.
This bulletin is solely for the purpose of announcing a job opening. It does not constitute a contract, expressed or implied, and any provisions contained herein may be modified or revised without notice