Lassen County: Senior Planner
SALARY AND BENEFITS
$29.03-$38.46 per hour plus benefits package
Open until filled. First review date: December 18, 2023
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the Department’s general direction, plan, develop and implement complex professional planning projects; prepare plans, technical reports, initial studies and environmental impact reports and complete and monitor grants and grant applications. The major duties of the job include:
- Gather and evaluate data, design and develop comprehensive plans from acquired data.
- Prepare complex reports on a wide range of planning issues pertaining to general and specific plans, subdivisions, variances, environmental impact and zoning matters.
- Make presentations to the Board of Supervisors, Planning Commission, developers, community groups and outside agencies.
- Participate in, assign and help to review complex development proposals for conformance with the County General Plan.
- Resolve disputes between the County and developers/property owners.
- Provide information to the public
- Provide contract administration on consultant contracts
- Assist in directing, training and evaluating staff, as directed
- Write grant applications and manage grant programs and budgets.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Education: Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in rural/ regional community planning or a related field preferred.
Experience: Four years of progressively responsible professional planning experience in specific area of planning, such as urban and regional planning, or natural resources. An advanced degree in planning or related field may be substituted for up to two years of professional experience on a year-to-year basis.
License: Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver’s license.
Application materials will be reviewed, and the best-qualified applicants will be invited to Susanville to participate in interviews.
HOW TO APPLY
It is your responsibility to provide specific, accurate and complete information describing how you meet the minimum qualifications. Visit our website at: www.lassencounty.org in Personnel for an application, or visit our application center at the address below. Qualified applicants are invited to submit a required Lassen County application to:
Lassen County Personnel Department 530.251.8320
221 South Roop Street
Susanville, California 96130
Opened: November 30, 2023
Lassen County is an equal opportunity employer hiring employment eligible applicants.
Disabled applicants who require special testing arrangements should contact the Personnel Department prior to the filing deadline.
In accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act, applicants must provide acceptable proof of identity or authorization to work in the United States.
A thorough background investigation will be conducted post-conditional-offer of employment. The investigation may include reference checks, fingerprinting, credit check, driver history and inquiry to local, state and federal files to obtain criminal history information.
All applicants who meet the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement through any subsequent phase of the selection process.
Selection processes may include, but are not limited to, one or more of the following: application review, competitive screening, written examination, performance examination, and/or oral examination.
This bulletin is solely for the purpose of announcing a job opening. It does not constitute a contract, expressed or implied, and any provisions contained herein may be modified or revised without notice